Ryan joined GTH in 2012, where his primary areas of practice now include litigation, administrative regulations, and land use law. Ryan’s litigation experience spans a broad range of legal issues, but is frequently focused on business disputes, land use, real estate, and products liability. He also represents cannabis businesses in maintaining compliance with marijuana regulations and challenging licensing and enforcement decisions of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board. Ryan helped many of his clients develop some of the first legal marijuana businesses in the country.
Ryan moved to the Northwest to attend Seattle University School of Law in 2006 after growing up in the Midwest and obtaining a bachelor’s degree in economics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Ryan and his wife, Abbey, have put down roots after graduation from Seattle University and now call Seattle home.
When he’s not working, Ryan and his wife enjoy camping, discovering new restaurants, and listening to live music. They are also the proud parents of two children.
- Ongoing representation of a municipal utility company in Washington concerning real property issues. In particular, providing representation to force the removal of
encroachments into transmission line easement right-of-way and to protect client’s easement rights.
- Past and ongoing representation of clients in boundary line and timber trespass disputes.
- Represented a public utility district in negotiations/drafting of a franchise agreement with a local municipality concerning the ownership, maintenance, and use of fire hydrants and associated public water facilities.
- Past representation of shopping mall owner in multiple unlawful detainer actions on behalf of the landlord.
- Routinely represent clients in administrative appeals of state agency and local land use decisions.
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2009
B.A., University of Wisconsin, 2004
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
Washington State Bar Association
King County Bar Association
Urban Land Institute
The Cannabis Alliance
National Cannabis Industry Association
Joined firm in 2012
Previous firm, Salmi & Gillaspy, PLLC
Snohomish County Superior Court, Law Clerk for the Honorable Thomas J. Wynne
Eglick Kiker Whited, PLLC, Law Clerk