Ms. Benson focuses her practice on civil trial litigation in claims involving bodily injury and medical conditions, construction injuries, premises liability, product liability, neighbor disputes, automobile related lawsuits, retail and hospitality, and business litigation. She possesses extensive litigation experience, personally defending or prosecuting well over five hundred cases. Yvonne has successfully tried cases in front of juries and courts throughout the State of Washington. Yvonne also has extensive experience in depositions, mediations, and arbitration. Her appellate work includes a successful appeal to the Washington State Supreme Court.
In addition to her day-to-day work, Yvonne works to serve the community in several capacities, including serving on the board of directors for New Beginnings, an organization that works to put an end to domestic violence, providing pro bono legal services to unaccompanied minor children in asylum applications and related proceedings, and volunteering with Sheridan Elementary School.
Yvonne is married with two children, ages seven and five. She enjoys skiing with her family, traveling, and being an active participant in her children’s activities and school.
Washington State Bar Association
Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Defense Research Institute
New Beginnings - President, 2019
New Beginnings - Vice President, 2018
New Beginnings - Board of Directors, 2017
House Corporation Board, Delta Delta Delta
Provide pro bono representation to three unaccompanied minors in their asylum applications and related proceedings
•In 2018, following a seven-week jury trial in Pierce County Superior Court, Yvonne received a defense verdict on behalf of her client. The jury agreed with Yvonne that the actions of her client did not proximately cause the one-car accident.
• Yvonne defended a developer in a law suit filed by a condominium owner's association for damages of construction defects and breach of duties under the Washington Condominium Act and Washington Consumer Protection Act. She obtained a summary judgment dismissal of condominium owner's association's claims for violation of the Washington Consumer Protection Act; Misrepresentation; and for failure to deliver a Public Offering Statement. Yvonne's victory resulted in the dismissal of over $1.4 million in claimed damages against her client.
• Following a head-on motor vehicle collision on a snowy, one-lane logging road, a driver filed suit against our client, claiming significant personal injuries. The claimant had a hunting bow and five arrows on his lap during the collision. After a one-week jury trial in King County Superior Court, Yvonne obtained a defense verdict from the jury, finding that our client was not responsible for the accident.
• After a two-week jury trial in King County, the court dismissed claims of statutory trespass and intentional inflections of emotional distress and the jury returned a defense verdict for each remaining claim for homeowners represented by Ms. Benson, who operated a transmission repair business out of their home.
• Ms. Benson defended a manufacturer in a double wrongful death product liability case arising from the use of a propane radiant heater inside a camper. The jury delivered a defense verdict, finding that the heater was reasonably safe and not defective in design and warnings.
• Yvonne defended a family in a lawsuit stemming from an undisputed liability automobile accident. After an over three-week jury trial in Pierce County, the jury returned a verdict substantially less than offered to Plaintiff before trial.