Travis’ practice focuses primarily on business and real estate transactions, with an emphasis on entity formation, governance, and mergers and acquisitions. Whether it’s the development of a major commercial project or the structuring of contracts, Travis believes that a good process is the best way to arrive at good results. He works tirelessly for his clients to reach sensible and creative solutions. Travis’ practice gives him great satisfaction because he gets to develop effective strategies for resolving complex and novel legal problems on a daily basis.
Travis is also deeply committed to his community. In addition to serving on the Pierce County Library Foundation Board, he dedicates substantial time each year to help local nonprofits. This includes revising corporate governance documents, drafting applications for exemption from federal and state taxes, and other related services.
A Puget Sound native, Travis takes great pride in providing legal services to the companies and business leaders, both new and old, that make the Puget Sound so great. When not practicing law, Travis spends nearly every waking moment with his wife tracking down their young twin sons and their new brother.
- Currently representing multi-clinic specialty medical provider regarding recapitalization with PE group.
- Represented national garage door manufacturer in divestiture to international manufacturer.
- Currently representing majority shareholder of automobile dealership in dealership’s sale to regional dealership.
- Represented multi-clinic specialty medical provider in divestiture involving national medical provider.
- Represented minority shareholder of door manufacturer in divestiture to PE-backed international manufacturer.
- Represented non-profit institution in divestiture of radio station.
- Represented regional ready-mix/aggregate supplier in acquisition of ready-mix/aggregate supplier.
- Represented regional ready-mix/aggregate supplier in acquisition of aggregates division of international ready-mix/aggregate supplier.
- Currently representing same company in acquisition of ready-mix division of same company.
- Represented multi-clinic specialty medical provider in acquisition of multiple add-on practices.
- Represented search fund in acquisition of HVAC company.
- Currently representing construction testing service provider in divestiture to PE group.
- Represented tech founder in acquisition of aerospace parts manufacturer.
- Dozens of representations involving operating and holding company acquisitions or divestitures.
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2013
Order of the Coif, James T. Landye Scholarship
Laurence Janssen Scholarship
Gladys B. Wynd Scholarship
Orlando J. & Marion H. Hollis Scholarship
Oregon Law Review Sources Editor, 2012-13, Staff Editor, 2011-12 Research Assistant, Professor Carl S. Bjerre
ACE Tutor – Torts
B.S., University of Idaho, 2008
summa cum laude
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
Washington State Bar Association
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
King County Bar Association
Board Member, Pierce County Library Foundation
Tacoma-Pierce County Volunteer Legal Services