Gordon Thomas Honeywell has as one of its core values being involved in the legal community and our community at large.
Gordon Thomas has a long history of having its members in leadership positions within various legal associations. Our members have been:
• Treasurer of the ABA.
• Delegates to the ABA House of Delegates
• Presidents of the Washington State Bar Association
• Governors on the Washington State Bar Association Board of Governors
• Presidents of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
• President of the Asian Bar Association of Washington
• President of the Latina/o Bar Association of Washington
• President of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, now known as the Washington State Association of Justice
• President of the Washington Defense Lawyers.
In 2023, our lawyers supported the following legal association by serving in various capacities:
• Member of the Campaign for Equal Justice Board of Directors.
• Members of the Advisory Board for the Endowment for Equal Justice
• Chair of the Washington State Bar Association Litigation Section Executive Committee
• Member of the Washington State Bar Association Litigation Section Executive Committee
• Member of Washington State Advisory Committee for Kids in Need of Defense.
• Co-Chair of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association Judicial Qualifications Committee
• Three members participating in the Hon. Robert J. Bryan American Inn of Court
Our firm also made financial donations to the following non-profits in 2023:
• The King County Bar Foundation
• The Washington Access to Justice Conference
• The Campaign for Equal Justice
• The Endowment for Equal Justice
THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE
Gordon Thomas is committed to the community that we serve by our firm making charitable contributions to non-profit organizations and our members giving their time and resources by serving on various boards.
In 2023, our lawyers supported the following community organizations by serving in the following ways:
• Regent on Pacific Lutheran University Board of Regents
• Past-president of the Tacoma Symphony and Gala Committee Chair
• Habitat for Humanity board member emeritus
• Member of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Vestry
• Member of Safe Streets Board of Directors
• Member of Alumni Board of Overlake School
• Member of Tacoma Arts Live Board of Directors
• Member of Tacoma Art Museum Board of Directors
• Member of Pierce County Economic Development Board
• Member of Pierce County Library Foundation
In 2023 our firm made financial donations to the following organizations:
• The Zoo Society
• The Tacoma Symphony
• The Pierce County Library Foundation
• Safe Streets
• The Emergency Food Network
• Lawyers Helping Hungry Children
• Tacoma South Rotary Charitable Fund
• The YMCA of Pierce & Kitsap Counties