Gordon Thomas Honeywell seeks a labor and employment attorney with ten to fifteen years of experience. The ideal candidate for this position will be a team-oriented person with strong written and oral communication skills. Candidates should also possess excellent logical and analytical thought processes, strong organizational skills, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and have the interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial spirit necessary to develop cohesive client and peer working relationships.
This position works within the Firm’s Employment Law Group, primarily providing employment law consulting and advice to employers in a wide variety of commercial industries, as well as non-profits and private schools and universities. This position may also involve the representation of employers in employment-related litigation and in administrative proceedings. Experience in the following areas is desired: discrimination and harassment law compliance, including investigations and management training; disability law and reasonable accommodation; FMLA and other leave statutes; laws pertaining to private schools and universities, including Title IX procedures; wage and hour laws; labor law and collective bargaining experience; drafting employment related documents including contracts, non-competition agreements, employee manuals, and severance agreements; advising employers on termination and lay-off decisions; and other laws pertaining to the employment relationship.
Skills Needed to be Effective in this Role
• 10 + years of substantive experience in employment and labor law.
• Excellent research and writing skills.
• Experience investigating workplace complaints and handling employment litigation from a defense perspective, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, leave interference, and wages and hour claims.
• Experience defending charges before the EEOC and state or local agencies.
• Experience counseling employers on federal, state, and local employment law compliance.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on serving our client’s legal needs and working well with colleagues.
• Good judgment, responsiveness, and communication.
• Self-motivation and one who takes initiative as opposed to being task oriented.
• License to practice in the state of Washington.
The salary for this position (inclusive of base compensation and bonus eligibility) ranges from $135,000 to $200,000, with the opportunity for rapid career advancement. Additional benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), paid holidays, and professional development opportunities. The position will be primarily based in our Tacoma office, with hybrid work options available between the office and home.
To submit your resume confidentially, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and law school transcript (unofficial is acceptable) to email@example.com. Gordon Thomas Honeywell is an equal-opportunity employer.