Jemima J. McCullum is a Partner in Gordon Thomas Honeywell’s Tacoma office and a member of the Firm’s Real Estate and Land Use Practice Group. Jemima has over 21 years’ experience in transactional real estate and finance. McCullum represents a broad spectrum of clients involved in all aspects of real estate. Her work focuses on: (a) commercial leases; (b) purchase and sale agreements; (c) public/private development agreements; (d) condominiums; (e) nonprofit advising in a general counsel role, including all of their business and real estate needs; and (f) financing (including refinancing, tax-exempt bonds, mezzanine and construction financing, modifications and loan workouts. She also does entity formation, as well as most other business contract negotiation, review and drafting.
Ms. McCullum is listed as one of Washington Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars for “Real Estate Transactions,” and was named Among their list of Washington’s “Top Women Attorneys.” She served as President of the Pierce County Chapter of the Washington Women Lawyers organization, as well as in a liaison capacity for the County Chapter to the State, where she earned the title, “Chapter Member of the Year.” She served on the Executive Committee of the Washington State Bar Association for the Real Property Probate and Trust Section from 2019 – 2020.
Outside of work, Ms. McCullum has donated substantial time and resources serving on the boards of a number of community organizations, including the Tacoma Art Museum, Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region (fka Tacoma Goodwill Industries), and the Highline College Foundation.
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2001
magna cum laude
B.A., University of Washington, 1996
magna cum laude
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
American Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
King County Bar Association
Joined Firm, 2002
Equity Partner, 2004
Board Member, 2005-2014, Vice-Chair, 2013-2014
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell® for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- Excellent Rating by Avvo™
- Named to the 2006 and 2008-2015 Rising Stars lists for Real Estate Transactions by Washington Super Lawyers™
- Named among “Top Women Attorneys” by Washington Super Lawyers™ for 2012 & 2013
- Named “Partner of the Year,” for 2010 by Gordon Thomas Honeywell LLP
- Named “Top 40 under Forty in South Puget Sound,” for 2009 by The Business Examiner™
- Named “2008 Chapter Member of the Year,” Washington Women Lawyers
- Tacoma Pierce County Economic Development Board, Board Member 2023 to Present
- WSBA RPPT Executive Committee, 2019 – 2020.
- Tacoma Art Museum Board Member, Board of Governance Committee Member & Audit Committee Member, 2009-2015 & 2023 to Present.
- Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region Board Member & Finance Committee Member, 2008-2014.
- Arts Fund Member, 2007-2008
- Highline College Foundation Board Member and Finance Committee Member, 2004-2010.
- Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers Board Member, Past President and WWL State Board Liaison, 2002 – 2011.
ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS
- Chaired the WSBA RPPT Section Spring presentation, “Current issues and trends in Washington real estate law, including continued impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic,” April 2, 2021.
- Chaired the WSBA RPPT Section Fall presentation, “2020, a Year to Remember: Pandemics, Public Demonstrations and Wildfires,” December 3, 2020.
- Chaired the WSBA RPPT Section Spring presentation, “A Practice Guide to Real Estate Lending in Washington,” April 24, 2020.Chaired the WSBA RPPT Section presentation, “A New Look at Residential Real Estate Law and Practice in Washington,” December 12, 2019.
- Speaker at Medical and Recreational Marijuana in Washington State Conference, November 30, 2017 & December 1, 2017 on the topic of “Real Estate and Land Use Concerns in the Cannabis Industry.”
- Speaker at Meydenbauer Center, CBA Educational Forum, May 10, 2016 on the topic of “Landlord Concerns and Practice Tips in the Cannabis Industry.”
- Speaker at Medical & Recreational Cannabis in Washington State Conference, December 8 & 9, 2015 on the topic of “Real Estate Concerns in the Cannabis Industry.”
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference, July 30, 2015 on the topic of “Landlord/Tenant Issues and Concerns Regarding Criminal Exposure and Asset Forfeiture.”
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference, May 28, 2015 on the topic of “Negotiating Tips for Real Estate Lease Transactions in the Marijuana Industry.”
- Speaker at Cannabis in Washington State Conference, December 3-4, 2014, on the topic of “Real Estate and Land Use Law.”
- Speaker at the 2009 Annual NALS Convention, January 11, 2009, on the topic of “Foreclosure Law 2009.”
- Speaker at the Washington Condominium Law Seminar, October 7, 2005, on the topic of “Creating and Converting Condominiums.”